Comus offers a variety of switches made to fit your individual application needs. All COMUS switches are as CUSTOMIZABLE as each design. Please ASK Gopher for a unique Sample/Quote on these types of switches:
Reed switches consist of two or three ferromagnetic blades (or reeds) hermetically sealed inside a glass envelope. The construction ensures protection from the external environment. Three types are available: Form A (normally open), Form B (normally closed), and Form C (changeover). Various voltage current switching levels are available and contact plating materials can be varied to accommodate specific types of loads.
Reed float switches are designed to fit into tanks or containers containing liquid. They are operated by a magnet fitted into the float assembly and a Reed Switch fitted into the stem of the float body. When the float moves past the Reed Switch inside the float body, the reed contacts operate (open or close). When the float moves back to its original position, the reed switch contacts will also return to their original state.
High Breakdown Switches
The HBS line of reed switches is Comus’ answer to the market demands for a lower cost reed switch that is still capable of handling high voltage applications. The HBS line of reed switches is ideal for certain markets such as Medical applications; for example defibrillation equipment where high reliability and excellent quality is absolutely essential.
Magnetic Proximity Switches
Reed Proximity Switches are operated by a moving magnet and can be used to detect many directions of movement. When the magnet reaches the operating distance from the reed switch, the reed switch contacts will operate (open or close). Moving the magnet away will cause the reed switch contacts to switch back to their original position.
Tilt switches are used to sense movement (tilt) of a device above and below a horizontal axis. The angle through which the switch must move for proper operation (the differential angle) is measured from the point of just make to just break; it is specified as a maximum. When selecting a tilt switch, it is important to ensure that the operating mechanism can move the switch through an angle greater than the differential angle.
The Flow Switch is designed to fit into a Tee connector within the pipework. The paddle section can be adjusted depending on the size of the pipe. It operates as water flows through the pipe, pushing the paddle up, triggering the switch.
Honeywell MICRO SWITCH™ NT Series toggle switches meet the need for a rugged, cost-effective toggle switch. Quality construction features include a seal between the toggle lever and bushing, and between the cover and case. These switches are suitable for applications in many demanding outdoor environments, where the panels are subjected to vibration from equipment, temperature extremes, dust, splashing water, and/or hose directed water.
- NEMA 3, 3R, 4, 13 and IP67/68 environmental sealing for demanding applications
- UL recognized, CSA certified, and CE certified for global use
- 1-, 2-, and 4-pole options to meet a variety of circuitry requirements
- 2- or 3-position maintained and momentary action to meet circuit and actuator requirements
- Optional step-case design provides added space between terminals to prevent shorting
TL Series toggle switches offer a variety of circuitry and pole options to easily integrate into a number of applications. A long history in military and aerospace applications has shown the TL Series toggle provides reliable performance with long operating life under the toughest conditions.
- MIL-DTL-3950 qualified switches available to meet military specifications
- Environmental sealing enables switches to withstand many demanding indoor and outdoor applications 1-, 2-, and 4-pole options for a variety of circuitry requirements
- 2- and 3-position, maintained and momentary toggle action to meet circuit and actuator requirements
- UL recognized, CSA certified, and CE approved for global use
Electroswitch switches are specified anywhere essential reliability is required in all types of industrial, construction and transportation equipment. Electroswitch is Brand Central for Stackpole, Shallcross, CRL/Centralab, ASM, Eaton Miniature, Oak Grigsby and Gaynor Electric Power Switch brands.
Types of Switches include:
Electroswitch offers a wide variety of rotary switches such as the C series, which is ideal for low profile compact applications. Options include BCD outputs, water resistant sealing, push to turn & dual concentric shafts.
Applications of Rotary switches include:
- Military vehicle and communication equipment
- Professional and high-end audio
- Medical X-ray and dental equipment
- Test and measurement and heavy duty industrial equipment
The 6000, 7000 and 9000 Series Power Toggle Switches
- These switches have up to 20 amp rating in a compact size. These switches are available in a wide range of momentary and maintained single throw or double throw circuits, multiple termination, and bushing/toggle configurations.
The 6000 and 7000 Series Power Pushbutton Switches
- These switches are rated up to 15 amps. These are heavy duty switches suitable for a variety of foot switch applications.
- These switches are rated up to 6 amps with up to 4 poles and numerous terminal & actuator options. Sealing options include an IP67 rating.
Applications for Power Toggle, Power Pushbutton and Miniature switches include:
- Test and GPS equipment
- High-end audio
- Avionics applications
- Electrical Equipment
Pepperl+Fuchs is known by customers around the world as a pioneer and innovator in electrical explosion protection and sensor technology. Their main focus is on meeting your individual requirements and needs, while having a passion for automation and groundbreaking technology. Their products offer strength and versatility to develop specific solutions to meet all your sensor technology and interface needs.
Some sensors they offer include:
- Reliable noncontact detection
- Designed for tough industrial environments
- Sensing ranges to 100 mm
- Over 2000 sensor models
- Models certified for hazardous location installation
- Long-range detection of all solid, liquid, and granular targets
- Sensing ranges to 10 meters
- 12 mm, 18 mm, 30 mm diameter, as well as rectangular housings
- Multiplex and synchronize ability prevents cross-talk
- Discrete or analog outputs
- Teflon-coated models for chemical resistance
- Industry-leading background suppression sensors
- Twin families offer an economical series and a high-tech series with the same mounting footprint
- IP ratings up to IP69K
- Powerful features such as automatic cross-talk protection, “4-in-1TM” output, high ambient light resistance, and high visibility indication LEDs are standard
Honeywell Sensing and Control offers a wide variety of switches to meet your individual application needs. Some of the switches they offer include:
Basic and Snap-action Switches
- The snap-action basic switch is simple, superior, durable, and irreplaceable. Globally compliant and known worldwide for their compact and lightweight design, MICRO SWITCH™ snap-action switches are designed for accurate repeatability and extended life.
Hazardous Area Switches
- Designed specifically for dangerous indoor or outdoor locations with superior reliability and repeatability. Their Explosion-proof design contains flame path to contain and cool escaping hot gases.
Key and Rotary Switches
- Key and rotary switches deliver two, three, and four position key switch options to help keep you ahead of the competition.
- Available with a variety of actuators, electrical specifications, terminations, circuitries and sealing ratings, Honeywell limit switches offer superior flexibility and performance.
Pressure and Vacuum Switches
- These switches sense a change in the pressure or vacuum and open or close an electrical circuit when the designated set point is reached.
- These switches are compact and durable and offer up to four poles – with momentary and alt-action.
- Honeywell offers a large lineup of full-size, miniature, and subminiature rocker switches. They enhance manual operation with a flexible interface.
- Honeywell offers a large variety of safety switches to meet your specific needs including: Key-operated interlock switches, cable-pull switches, hinge-mount switches, non-contacting door detection switches and more.
- The hermetically sealed lineup includes switches that maintain the contact in a gas-tight seal, while transmitting force and motion to the mechanism through a metal diaphragm.
- Designed to accommodate a wide range of electrical and display design, Honeywell’s MICRO SWITCH™ toggle switches are available in many shapes, sizes, and configurations to enhance manual operation with a flexible and attractive interface.
You can also save time and money by having Gopher Custom Solutions put your leads and connectors on your Honeywell Switches.
3M™ VHB™ Tapes provide the convenience and simplicity of a tape fastener and are ideal for use in many interior and exterior bonding applications. In many situations, they can replace rivets, spot welds, liquid adhesives and other permanent fasteners.
These tapes utilize a variety of specific foam, adhesive, color and release liner types to provide each product/family with specific features. These features can include adhesion to specific or a broad range of materials, conformability, high tensile strength, high shear and peel adhesion, resistance to plasticizer migration, and UL746C recognition. All 3M™ VHB™ Tapes have excellent durability and excellent solvent and moisture resistance.
- Instant bonding
- Shock absorption
- Stress distribution
- Design flexibility
- Smooth, invisible appearance
Great for bonding materials such as:
- Painted Surfaces
- Sealed Wood
- Many Plastics
Learn More or check out this video
Eaton offers solid performance vehicle and commercial controls for global applications, including everything from electromechanical pushbutton, rocker and toggle designs, to electronic rocker, indicator and display devices, all of which are customizable to meet your needs.
Types of Switches include:
A full field-proven line of rockers designed for excellence in any vehicle application. They enable you to maximize efficiency and increase machine uptime even in the most extreme environments.
Available in a wide variety of configurations, for almost any standard industry application.
Eaton’s extensive line of toggle switches offers the widest selection of features and the design flexibility to meet the needs of almost any application.
Electronic Switch Modules and Vehicle Displays
Electronic Switch Modules (eSM) and the Electronic Vehicle Display (eVU) are custom ordered, application specific electronic communications products from Eaton’s vehicle and commercial controls catalog.
Introducing the perfect complement to Carling Technologies’ toggle switches, the Carling hexboot. The boot is compatible with 15/32″ threaded bushings and will provide extra protection against the elements in harsh environments.
Highlights and Features:
- Complementary, cost effective addition to Carling’s toggle switches
- Flexible tear-resistant silicone rubber overmolded onto a 15/32″ brass hexnut
- Full hexboot completely covers toggle actuator and bushing
- Meets ROHS 2011/65/EU directive
- Inhibits the rotation of switches subjected to low frequency vibration
Suitable for the following toggle models:
- F-Series, G-Series, 110-Series, C-Series, D-Series, DK/EK-Series, H/I-Series, LT-Series