A powerful group of companies – including Google, through its Nest Labs subsidiary, Samsung Electronics, Freescale Semiconductor and ARM Holdings plc – have joined together to form the Thread Group and to launch Thread, an IP-based wireless networking protocol.
Others of the founding seven companies are Yale Security, Silicon Labs and Big Ass Fans, which was founded in 1999 and makes industrial, commercial and residential ceiling fans.
The mission of the Thread Group is to create a secure, low-power network for use in the home and by its connected products. Thread is already defined as an IPv6 networking protocol designed for 802.15.4 mesh networks and a version of Thread is already used in Nest products. It is based on 6LoWPAN, which stands for IPv6 over Wireless Personal Area Networks. The 6LoWPAN group has defined encapsulation and header compression mechanisms that allow IPv6 packets to be sent to and received from over IEEE802.15.4 based networks.
The new Honeywell Pressure Switches are designed to reduce total cost of ownership and to help protect operators and critical equipment subsystems. Their life cycle rating of up to 2 million, IP67 sealing and high burst pressures make them one of the most durable switches in the industry.
A wide selection of ports, electrical terminations and compatibility with a variety of media allow for use in most industrial and transportation applications, simplify the design-in process, eliminate tooling costs and reduce manufacturing labor costs.
• High Pressure: HP Series and HE Series are factory set 150 psi to 4500 psi [10,34 bar to 310,26 bar]
• Low Pressure: LP Series and LE Series are factory set or field adjustable 3.5 psi to 150 psi [0,24 bar to 10,34 bar]
Comus International is proud to introduce two new additions to our growing reed relay menu. The new 14 series is a high reliability instrumentation grade Mini-Sip package targeted for instrumentation, automatic test equipment and high density switching matrices. With switch power ratings up to 15W, our new relay series offers a 50% increase over industry standard packages. Their COTO Technology BV reed switch is used exclusively in every reed relay we make which allows for the lowest industry lead times, superior quality, stable contact resistance, and the very best in reed relay performance.
Supply Chain Management best practices today demand higher level Sub-Assemblies to help streamline Purchasing and Manufacturing.
Gopher Custom Solutions (GCS), a division of Gopher Electronics, is a highly flexible, reliable Sub-Assembler, established in response to customers’ demands. GCS adds value through Electro Mechanical Sub-Assemblies, which includes “connectorizing” electronic components (switches, sensors, fans, etc.) to DIN Rail Assemblies and Panel Builds.
Gopher Custom Solutions adds Value by:
- Listening and understanding your requirements, then providing scalable solutions
- Collaborating between Engineering, Quality and Purchasing
- Designing For Manufacturing to simplify Final Assembly
- Documentation Control, Revision Control, Configuration Control
- Improve Purchasing efficiency by single line item buying vs multiple component purchases from several suppliers
- Inventory Cost Reductions
- Increased inventory turns
- Eliminate purchasing, handling and warehousing costs of individual components
- Reduce material scrap of individual components
- Transfer Quality risk of assembly to GCS managing multiple suppliers and direct labor
- Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement practices
- Leveraging Gopher Electronics’ Distribution Expertise:
- Purchasing Power
- Logistics and Lead Time Management
- Component Inventory stocked in MN
- Bonded Inventory
- Released upon Demand
Custom Solutions’ Capabilities:
- Customization/ Value-Add
- Sensor and Switch Assemblies
- Electro-Mechanical Sub-Assemblies
- “Connectorizing” Fans, Lamps, Switches, Sensors
- DIN Rail Assemblies
- Field Retrofits and Rework
- Panel Builds
Or call Dave Mancuso 651-490-4955 or Jay Wales 651-490-4925