The SMART Position Sensor 225 mm Linear Configuration is Honeywell’s second non-contacting linear position sensor, joining the SMART Position Sensor 75 mm Configuration. Honeywell’s SMART Position Sensors are one of the most durable, adaptable and lightweight linear position devices. Their simple, non-contact design eliminates mechanical failure mechanisms, reduces wear and tear, improves reliability and durability, enhances operation efficiency and safety, and minimizes downtime.
• The 225 mm SMART Position Sensors sense the position of a magnet relative to a sensor from 0 mm to 225 mm [0 in to 8.86 in].
• Two output options are offered: analog output or digital output for use in control systems requiring a RS232-type interface with a 57.6 kbits/s baud rate.
- Reliable, durable: Non-contact design reduces wear and tear, improving reliability and durability, and minimizing downtime.
- Easy to install: Installation takes four simple steps (1: position device; 2: drill holes; 3: mount sensor; 4: locate magnet/connect three wires) vs. up to 14 steps some competitive products require, simplifying installation and reducing set-up costs.
- Rugged: As there are no moving parts within the sensing element, Honeywell can seal the sensor, making it more resistant to vibration, shock, and extreme temperatures.
- Flexible: Air gap of up to 3,0 ± 2,5 mm [0.118 ± 0.098 in] between sensor and magnet expands application opportunities; variety of output options (analog standard and other RS232-type baud rates) are available, expanding application opportunities.
- Cost effective: Adaptable, non-contacting design allows customers to eliminate unnecessary connections for installation, thereby reducing installation steps, installation time, and components.
- Accurate: 75 mm configuration accurately measures values down to 0,05 mm [0.002 in], while 225 mm configuration accurately measures value down to 0,14 mm [0.0055 in] (analog) and 0,0035 mm [0.000137 in] (digital).
- Adaptable: Electronics on boards allow for flexible packaging and component compatibility with existing systems.
- Lightweight: More than 50% lighter in weight than LVDT (Linear Variable Differential Transformer) technology.
- Simplifies design-in: Easy-to-configure sensor array fits virtually any linear movement path, simplifying design-in.
- Self-diagnostics feature can reduce equipment downtime by providing predictive maintenance input.
- Combined patented MR sensor and ASIC technology provide enhanced differentiation and performance.
- IP67 and IP69K sealing allow use in many harsh applications.
- RoHS-compliant materials meet Directive 2002/95/EC.