Gems Sensors & Controls announces the introduction of the 31CS and 32CS Series intrinsically safe pressure transmitters. These series have been approved by CSA to the standards required for both USA and Canadian use in hazardous areas. The 32CS Series transmitters feature a thicker diaphragm and a pressure restrictor to withstand the rigors of cavitation or extreme pressure spikes, improving stability and reliability in pulsating applications. When used with a zener barier the CS Series transmitters are certified for operation in the following areas:
- Class I, Division 1, Groups C and D
- Class I, Zone 0 Ex ia IIB T4 Ga
- Class I, Zone 0 AEx ia IIB T4 Ga
Applications include hazardous area installations, such as wellhead automation, gas distribution and gas compressors. 31CS/32CS transmitters are compact and durable in harsh outdoor environments. They may be directly fitted to pipe work, so require none of the small bore pipe work needed to remotely utilize non-Division 1 certified transmitters. This enables 31CS/32CS Series transmitters to reduce time and cost of installation.
Both the 31CS and 32CS Series feature proven Sputtered Thin Film sensing technology, 17-4 PH stainless steel wetted parts, and ASIC-controlled thermal compensation and signal conditioning. They are available in a wide variety of factory-configured settings, or may be configured to the customers application needs. Exceptional long-term stability ( 0.2% full scale/year drift ) and high accuracy (0.25% full scale) together with high resistance to shock and vibration makes this product ideal for demanding applications.
Honeywell’s RTY series Hall-effect Rotary Position Sensors are designed for use in transportation and industrial applications. They offer long life, non-contact position sensing, configurability, rugged use in harsh environments, and flexibility for their design engineers who wish to use them. The RTY Series Hall-effect Rotary Position Sensors use a magnetically biased, Hall-effect integrated circuit (IC) to sense rotary movement of the actuator shaft over a set operating range, rotation of the actuator shaft changes a magnet’s position relative to the IC. The resulting flux density change is converted to a linear output. The IC, together with conditioning and protection circuitry, and the permanent magnet, is sealed in an IP67-qualified rugged package for durability in most harsh environments
- 12 M Cycle product life
- Solid-state Hall-effect technology
- Variety of options for sensing range angle, pinout style, and supply voltage
- Rugged IP67 sealed package with integral connector
- Automotive-grade EMI/EMC testing, integrated reverse polarity, and shot circuit
- Industry-standard AMP termination, 32 mm mounting pitch, North American and European pinout styles, and compact package
- Eight operating ranges up to 360 degrees
- Off-road, industrial, construction, agricultural vehicles and equipment
- Boat engines
- Valve control
- HVAC damper control
- Irrigation pivot control
Honeywell introduces their Limitless Wireless Operator Interface, WOI Series. These devises are wireless controllers designed for a variety of functions, such as, turning on/off equipment including pumps, motors, drives, conveyors and other industrial equipment, open or close gates/doors, or provide notification to remote locations in rugged industrial environments of manufacturing issues. The WOI series are designed to be flexible, allowing the user to choose and install a desired operator (22 mm rotary switch, key switch, or key) or use one of Honeywell’s push buttons.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Enables control and/or notification in remote parts of application/machinery/manufacturing plants, where wiring is too costly or not possible
- Flexibility for users to choose and install their desired operator type; i.e. 22 mm rotary switch, 22 mm key switch, etc
- Ability to reconfigure and network multiple interfaces, or point-to-point with personalized addresses which allows for adding, subtracting, or relocating Limitless™ inputs easily
- Reduced installation/maintenance costs with no wiring to Limitless™ switches, conduit, strain relief, clips, connectors, connection boxes, etc.
- Eliminates issues with wire connection integrity on moving equipment
- LEDs indicate actuation, low battery, RF signal loss, and pairing function
- Communication security per the IEEE 802.15.4 standard (16-bit PAN ID, 16-bit address and 128-bit security key)
Wouldn’t it be nice if your car told you when your tire is going to blow? Or your computer told you when it is going to crash? That’s the thought behind Eaton’s new LifeSense® hydraulic hoses. Eaton hasn’t found a way to keep you from running behind because of your flat tire, but they have developed a way to make your work flow a bit more stream lined. Eaton’s LifeSense® hoses offer multiple benefits to the men and women that work with hydraulics, but the two key features it offers are time, and money. as it stands, the standard practice for maintenance for machinery that requires hydraulic hoses, is to change the them on a regular schedule, regardless if the hoses could withstand more use or not. This is a costly and time consuming practice that Eaton’s LifeSense® hoses have fixed. These hoses actually warn their operators that the hose needs replacing. This remarkable feature is made possible by a sensor in the fitting that continually monitors the hose, compares it to a base line, and then relays that information to the operator, through either a wired or wireless devise. The first commercial uses of LifeSense® hoses are in refuse collection vehicles and plastic injection or blow-molding machines.but with the expansion of the product line, applications shall expand as well.
- commercial turf care
- drill rigs
- steel mills
- hydropower plants
- amusement parks