Grayhill, Inc. has introduced the compact Series 67B Joystick, a Hall-Effect joystick with a pushbutton and momentary knob rotation for additional interface options. The joystick travels 20 degrees in each X and Y direction as well as momentary rotation around the Z axis. With a 32mm diameter and requiring just 16mm behind panel depth, the new 67B is the smallest joystick to offer this many functions.
A hall-effect sensor provides contactless operation, facilitating a long operational life of over 1 million cycles. The hall-effect sensor magnetically detects the shaft position anywhere within its 20-degree field of travel. The on-board micro-controller then produces X,Y coordinates in a range from 0 at center to 50 at the extreme periphery for digital output. It also conserves power by operating at 3mA max, with a built-in sleep mode of only 0.1mA max.
Output is via a built in micro-controller for I2C interface. I2C is a simple and flexible interface bus for communication with other digital devices. Most other joysticks of this size only offer an analog output.
The Series 67B Joystick is designed for panel mount applications where space is limited. Its integral mounting flange has 4 threaded mounting holes in a 28mm square. This compact joystick can provide precise cursor control where other pointing devices are impractical, such as on medical electronics, work vehicles and industrial or robotic control.
Grayhill’s proven technology and quality systems ensure superior performance with minimized costs. The 67B has been fully-tested in ISO/IEC 17025 labs to achieve electrical and environmental specs, including:
Environmental Seal: IP67 with optional sealing boot
Operating Temperature Range: -40°C to +85°C
For over 60 years, Paktron has been manufacturing polymer film capacitors. Serving industries such as telecommunication, military, automotive, medical and high-end industrial. Paktron capacitors have provided improved stability, both electrically and mechanically, when compared with other ceramic capacitors.
Capstick® capacitors have true voltage ratings and, unlike other systems, require no voltage deratings for maximizing reliability or life usage. Cutting edge circuit designs have been created to take advantage of a film capacitor’s inherent reliability at rated voltage, while both reducing board size and improving performance.
- Surface mount capability.
- Ideal for high frequency switching power supplies and DC to DC converters.
- Low ESR/ESL
- High ripple current/ high capacitance.
- Operating temperature range: -55 degrees Celsius to 125 degrees Celsius.
- Volumetrically efficient.
- Output Filter
- High Voltage Input Filter
- AC & Quasi AC Input Filter
- Low Pass Filter
The Quencharc® snubber is the most widely recognized trademark in the industry for RC (resistor-capacitor) Network. Arcing, sparking and transients often cause premature failures in relays, switches, thyristors, triacs, contactors and related products. Paktron Quencharcs® extend operating life when properly selected and applied.
- Relay contact protection
- Noise reduction on controllers/drivers
- Dv/dt suppression on thyristor and triacs
- EMI/RFI reduction
- No lag time in suppression
- Available voltages: 125VAC-660VAC
UL Recognized/CSA Certified
Honeywell announced its new Basic Board Mount Pressure Sensors, Compensated, Unamplified TBP Series. These new sensors are designed for customers who require a simple, high quality, cost-effective, basic performance, mV output device. They are compensated and unamplified, ideal for customers who want a temperature-compensated sensor with the maximum possible resolution.
Wide pressure range: 60 mbar to 10 bar; 6 kPa to MPa; 1 psi to 150 psi
Small: 7 x 7 mm [0.276 x 0.276 in] is very small when compared to most board mount pressure sensors, occupying less space on the PCB and typically simplifying placement
Wide compensated temperature range: 0 °C to 85 °C [32 °F to 185 °F]
Non-silicone-gel coating: The input port is limited to non-corrosive, non-ionic media such as dry air and gases and should not be exposed to condensation
Silicone gel coating: Uses the same materials in the wetted media path but is protected from condensation by a silicone-based gel coating
Various package styles:
- DIP (Dual Inline Pin)
- Leadless SMT (Surface Mount Technology)
Various pressure ports:
- DIP: Single axial barbed port and low-profile port
- Leadless SMT: Single axial barbed port and low-profile port
- SMT: Single axial barbed port and low-profile port
The newly expanded, easy-to-install M8/M12 connector system offers design engineers a reliable and complete solution to decrease downtime in industrial environments and supports higher bandwidth needs, meeting the requirements of up to 10 Gb/s.
The new system includes an extensive range of board and field installable connectors, cable assemblies and IO boxes. Key applications include: industrial automation, automobile manufacturing, machine tools , semiconductor manufacturing, factory automation machines, vision systems, and manufacturing of solenoid and sensor valves. The system is also sufficiently robust for use in harsh commercial applications such as outdoor data communications, outdoor telecoms, and advanced traffic monitoring.
Designed to meet IEC-61076-2-101, the new M8/M12 Connector System is also well suited for applications outside the traditional industrial environment, offering benefits wherever a compact reliable connection system with IP67 and IP68 environment protection is required.
- Industrial Automation
- Automobile Manufacturing
- Machine Tools
- Factory Automation Machines
- Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Manufacturing of Solenoid and Sensor valves
Speaker Horns/Loud Speakers now available from Mallory Sonalert through Gopher Electronics. These Paging/PA Speakers can be used indoor or outdoor, and are available from 10 Watts to 30 Watts, in plastic and gray aluminum.
- Industrial Plants
- Construction Sites
- Transportation Terminals
- Recreation Areas.
Honeywell Sensing and Control is committed to providing the right product for your
application. Whether you need a standard product or a highly customized solution, their sales and engineering teams have decades of experience in the Transportation industry. Their unique combination of a broad product portfolio, deep technical capabilities and extensive application experience culminates into a powerful ability to meet your design needs.
- Speed and Direction Sensors
- Position Sensors — SMART Position Sensors
- Rotary Position Sensors — Non-Contact Hall-Effect Sensors & Potentiometers
- Magnetic Sensors — Hall-Effect Sensors
- Pressure and Vacuum Switches
- Pressure Sensors — Board Mount and Heavy-Duty Pressure
- Temperature Sensors — Packaged Temperature Probes
- Temperature Sensors — Thermostats
- Controls — Key and Rotary Switches, Shifters
- Controls — Push-Pull/eStop Switches • Hour Meters
- MICRO SWITCH™ Toggle Switches — Sealed and Standard Toggles
- MICRO SWITCH™ Basic Switches — Water-tight and Premium Basics
- MICRO SWITCH™ Limit Switches — Medium-Duty, Global, and Heavy-Duty Switches
- Magnetic Sensors — Magnetoresistive Sensor ICs
- Magnetic Sensors — Hall-Effect Digital and Linear Sensor ICs
- Wireless Solutions — Limitless™ Switches
3M Heat Shrink and Terminals
Heat Shrink Tubing
3M offers a broad range of US made heat shrink tubing designed to insulate and protect in a wide variety of electrical and mechanical applications.
• Thin Wall Tubing is lightweight, tough and flexible. 3M Single Wall Tubing is the right choice for electrical insulation in many industrial and manufactured products. It’s also dependable as a lightweight wire harness, wire marking, wire bundling, component packaging and fire-resistant cover
• Thin Wall Tubing with Adhesive (Dual Wall) has an outer wall that resists abrasions. The meltable inner wall keeps out moisture. These are just two of the many reasons why 3M Thin Wall Tubing with Adhesive (Dual Wall) is a smart pick when you need to protect components and equipment in high moisture environments such as automotive and marine applications.
• Heavy Wall Tubing handles demanding conditions that call for heavy-duty abrasion protection. With 3M Heavy Wall Tubing, you can get the level of protection wanted from a broad range of products. Choose the tubing needed based on the degree of temperature protection, dielectric strength, flexibility, chemical resistance, or moisture protection.
Heat Shrink Product Video
3M has been a leading supplier of terminals for more than 30 years and are known for:
• Effective and reliable performance
• Variety of types, sizes, and materials that meet a broad application range, including the demands of temperature and weather
• Design features assuring easy installation – positive and easy wire insertion, elimination of strand hang-ups and wire twisting, and easy insulation entry
Terminal Product Video
Shop 3M Heat Shrink and Terminals
A search on Google for “sensors” delivers 38,600,000 results. Even the more specific search for “liquid level sensors” dumps 4,520,000 results in your lap. Whether you call it information overload or the Tyranny of Choice, it adds up to a daunting task as an engineer to source the ideal sensor component for a particular application.One way to simplify the search is to start with a company that has application expertise and the willingness to share it, combined with a broad portfolio of sensor product types and technologies. A conversation with a sensor application specialist can rapidly introduce the options available for a given project and, more
importantly, provide clarity on the pros and cons of a specific sensor in the context of your application.Taking this route can save time over the hit and miss results of typical internet searches. A frictionless translation of “engineering needs” to “sensor solution” is the goal of any time-constrained engineering project.
Gems Sensing Technologies
- Buoyancy (floats)
- Electro Optic
- Submersible Pressure
- Piston Reed Switch
- Shuttle Reed Switch
- Paddle Reed Switch
- Turbine Hall Effect
- Paddle Wheel Hall Effect
- Thermal Dispersion
- Sputtered Thin Film
- Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD)
- Micro-machined Silicon (MMS)
- Blades Switches
- Micro Switches
- Solid-State Switches
All MICRO SWITCH 14CE Series compact enclosed switches incorporate fluorocarbon diaphragm sealing to provide reliable protection, meeting IP66, IP67, and IP68 as well as NEMA 1, 2, 3, 3R, 4, 6, 6P, and 13 requirements. Versions with a boot seal also meet NEMA 12 requirements (dust, falling dirt, liquid media with solid contaminates). The cable or connector and basic switch terminals are encapsulated in an epoxy sealant, offering excellent resistance in harsh environments. For low temperature applications (down to -40 C, -40 F), CE Series switches can be supplied with low temperature seals and lubricant.
The CE Series switches are rugged and versatile switches which can be applied indoors in many harsh factory floor applications, as well as on outdoor equipment in extreme temperatures. A full range of actuators are available, including plain plungers, roller plungers, side rotary, multi-directional wire, and manually operated. The switches are also available with the industry standard, M12 micro-charge 4-pin connector. MICRO-SWITCH 14CE products meet worldwide CE requirements.
- Compact construction for minimal real estate on equipment
- :Gang mounting capability to provide a multi-plunger limit switch
- Rugged, die-cast zinc housing for demanding environments
- Variety of cable length options and choice of side or bottom exit cable/connector for design flexibility
- Functionality over a wide temperature range with factory sealed connectors or wiring
One of the world’s smallest reed switches, the RI-80SMDH is protected by a robust
plastic housing, allowing the user the ease of mounting without having to worry about undue stress robotic pick and placing can cause in their automated process.
Reed switches, unlike other magnetic sensing devices such as Hall Effect sensors, require no power to operate. This, coupled with very high value to price comparison makes them an ideal choice when an application required high reliability with little to no power availability.
- ATE Grade switches only for highest quality.
- 100 % galvanic isolation
- Hermetically sealed
- Ambient Operating Temperature
- Resistant to Ambient
- Environment Conditions