A powerful group of companies – including Google, through its Nest Labs subsidiary, Samsung Electronics, Freescale Semiconductor and ARM Holdings plc – have joined together to form the Thread Group and to launch Thread, an IP-based wireless networking protocol.
Others of the founding seven companies are Yale Security, Silicon Labs and Big Ass Fans, which was founded in 1999 and makes industrial, commercial and residential ceiling fans.
The mission of the Thread Group is to create a secure, low-power network for use in the home and by its connected products. Thread is already defined as an IPv6 networking protocol designed for 802.15.4 mesh networks and a version of Thread is already used in Nest products. It is based on 6LoWPAN, which stands for IPv6 over Wireless Personal Area Networks. The 6LoWPAN group has defined encapsulation and header compression mechanisms that allow IPv6 packets to be sent to and received from over IEEE802.15.4 based networks.
The new Honeywell Pressure Switches are designed to reduce total cost of ownership and to help protect operators and critical equipment subsystems. Their life cycle rating of up to 2 million, IP67 sealing and high burst pressures make them one of the most durable switches in the industry.
A wide selection of ports, electrical terminations and compatibility with a variety of media allow for use in most industrial and transportation applications, simplify the design-in process, eliminate tooling costs and reduce manufacturing labor costs.
• High Pressure: HP Series and HE Series are factory set 150 psi to 4500 psi [10,34 bar to 310,26 bar]
• Low Pressure: LP Series and LE Series are factory set or field adjustable 3.5 psi to 150 psi [0,24 bar to 10,34 bar]
Comus International is proud to introduce two new additions to our growing reed relay menu. The new 14 series is a high reliability instrumentation grade Mini-Sip package targeted for instrumentation, automatic test equipment and high density switching matrices. With switch power ratings up to 15W, our new relay series offers a 50% increase over industry standard packages. Their COTO Technology BV reed switch is used exclusively in every reed relay we make which allows for the lowest industry lead times, superior quality, stable contact resistance, and the very best in reed relay performance.
Supply Chain Management best practices today demand higher level Sub-Assemblies to help streamline Purchasing and Manufacturing.
Gopher Custom Solutions (GCS), a division of Gopher Electronics, is a highly flexible, reliable Sub-Assembler, established in response to customers’ demands. GCS adds value through Electro Mechanical Sub-Assemblies, which includes “connectorizing” electronic components (switches, sensors, fans, etc.) to DIN Rail Assemblies and Panel Builds.
Gopher Custom Solutions adds Value by:
- Listening and understanding your requirements, then providing scalable solutions
- Collaborating between Engineering, Quality and Purchasing
- Designing For Manufacturing to simplify Final Assembly
- Documentation Control, Revision Control, Configuration Control
- Improve Purchasing efficiency by single line item buying vs multiple component purchases from several suppliers
- Inventory Cost Reductions
- Increased inventory turns
- Eliminate purchasing, handling and warehousing costs of individual components
- Reduce material scrap of individual components
- Transfer Quality risk of assembly to GCS managing multiple suppliers and direct labor
- Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement practices
- Leveraging Gopher Electronics’ Distribution Expertise:
- Purchasing Power
- Logistics and Lead Time Management
- Component Inventory stocked in MN
- Bonded Inventory
- Released upon Demand
Custom Solutions’ Capabilities:
- Customization/ Value-Add
- Sensor and Switch Assemblies
- Electro-Mechanical Sub-Assemblies
- “Connectorizing” Fans, Lamps, Switches, Sensors
- DIN Rail Assemblies
- Field Retrofits and Rework
- Panel Builds
Or call Dave Mancuso 651-490-4955 or Jay Wales 651-490-4925
Mallory Sonalert’s new series of CuL approved panel alarms are supplied with ¼” standard quick connect terminals which reduces assembly time. These nine new models are suitable for transportation, outdoor and industrial applications such as agricultural equipment, buses, construction equipment, fire safety vehicles, material handling equipment, aftermarket truck, refuse vehicles and other industrial applications. For waterproof/NEMA applications purchase the optional gasket with Part Number: ACC03.
Listen to them Here!
Limitless WLS Heavy-Duty Wireless Limit Switches combine the best of MICRO SWITCH HDLS heavy-duty limit switches with the latest wireless technology. Limitless Series switches have the same mechanical life, temperature ratings, and sealing as standard MICRO SWITCH™ limit switches, but they’re wireless. Limitless switches can be configured to potentially allow up to sixteen devices to communicate with one receiver module. Wireless functionality is implemented through an 802.15.4 open protocol RF board operating in the 2.4 GHz globally license-free frequency band. The wireless signal is received by either a panel-mount receiver, or an industrial DIN-rail module, that then converts it to an output. Outputs can be LEDs, buzzers, or electrical signals. Limitless™ switches eliminate the need for maintenance of equipment’s wiring, as there’s no actual wiring to install, no wear-and-tear to mend and no frayed cord to ever replace.
Industrial Pneumatic Control Applications
- Enables presence/absence detection in remote parts of application/machinery, where wiring is an issue or not feasible
- Reduced installation/maintenance costs with no wires, conduit, strain relief, clips, connectors, connection boxes, etc.
- Eliminates issues with wire connection integrity on moving equipment
- Consumes ultra-low power to prolong battery life
- Door position
- Grain diverters or flaps
- Hose attachment verification
- Material handling
- Specialty machines
- Valve position
- Agricultural equipment
- Construction equipment
- Crane boom/jib/skew position
- Movable machinery
- Remote or temporary equipment
Mechatronics Fan Group is a leading resource of DC and AC cooling fans, blowers, added-value assemblies and cooling solutions since 1985. Customers in telecommunications, office automation, medical and industrial sectors depend on the Fan Group for technologically advanced products, superior quality and exceptional service. Mechatronics cooling products are designed to meet the toughest standards of UL, CSA, TUV and VDE.
Mechatronics brushless DC Axial fans offer a wide range of cooling solutions:
- Multiple voltage options available.
- Environmental protection options available including conformal coating or IP57 rated encapsulation.
- Alarm output options including tachometer or locked rotor alarm.
- Speed control options include self adjusting thermistor or Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) input.
Mechatronics extensive AC Axial fan offering provides many options to meet your thermal management requirements.
- Multiple voltage options available in each series.
- Environmental protection options available including conformal coating or IP55 encapsulation.
- High temperature models for operation up to 90 degrees C.
- Custom designs welcomed!!
The MP 17 Series is designed as a drop in replacement for existing surface and panel mountable configurations in the market today. In addition, MP now offers the NEW Side-By-Side Surface Mount terminations and Easy Access 90° Panel Mount configurations to accommodate multiple breaker bus bar installations. Priced competitively, these high quality breakers, commonly known as high amp circuit breakers or hi amp circuit breakers, are assembled right here in the USA.
The Series 17 features:
- Amperage Ratings from 25 to 200 Amps
- Trip-free operation
- Industry standard terminations available in panel and surface mount
- New “Easy Access” Panel Mount and “Side by Side” Surface Mount configurations available
- Surface Mount available with 1/4″ and New 3/8″ stainless steel terminal studs and sems nuts
- Panel Mount available with 1/4″ brass, nickel plated terminal studs and stainless steel sems nuts
- Auto, manual, or manual push-to-trip options
- Dustproof and waterproof
- Visible trip indication
- Ignition Protected
GEMS Level Switches operate on a direct, simple principle. In most models, a float encircling a stationary stem is equipped with powerful, permanent magnets. As the float rises or lowers with liquid level, the magnetic field generated from within the float actuates a hermetically sealed, magnetic reed switch mounted within the stem. The stem is made of non-magnetic metals or rugged, engineered plastics. When mounted vertically, this basic design provides a consistent accuracy of ±1/8 inch. Multi-station versions use a separate reed switch for each level point being monitored. Side-mounted units use different actuation methods because of their horizontal attitude. The basic principle, however, is the same: as a direct result of rising or falling liquid, a magnetic field is moved into the proximity of a reed switch, causing its actuation.